Folk Artists of Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh State folk artist of India has its own distinct identity in the world. Various articles of folk artist identify art and culture of Chhattisgarh. All the folk artists of Chhattisgarh have made their own identity in the whole world due to their folk articles or songs, dance.
Prominent Folk Artists of Chhattisgarh
- Sooraj Bai Khande – Bharthari singer, also made a mark in Chandaini and Dhola Maru
- Kedar Yadav – who made a splash in Sonha Bihav, his cassette color became famous.
- Devdas Banjare – Founder of Panthi Dance
- Dau Ramchandra Deshmukh – Chandaini Goda was formed in 1971.
- Dular Singh Mandraji – Nacha’s grandfather Bhishma, the Chhattisgarh government instituted an award in his name.
- Jhaduram Dewangan – Pandwani Guru, gave national identity to Pandwanis.
- Tejan Bai – Famous singer of Vedmati style of Pandavani.
- Dau Mahasingh Chandrakar – He presented Lorik Chanda in “standing style”.
- Kesari Prasad Vajpayee – Known as Barsati Bhaiya, was an announcer in All India Radio
- Fida Bai Markam – She started her career with the dance party played by Dau Mandra ji.
- Bhaiyalal Hedau – has acted in Chandaini Gonda, Sonha Bihav and Satyajit Ray’s Sadgati etc. is.
Introduction to the Folk Artist of Chhattisgarh
Dau Ramchandra Deshmukh
- Dau Ramchandra Deshmukh is completely dedicated towards Chhattisgarhi art and culture. He started Chandaini Gonda and went from village to village to connect artists and poets. Chandaini Gonda remained very popular from the beginning. It is said that Chandaini Gonda is the symbol of cultural awakening.
- Due to this platform, so many talented people like Laxman Masturia, Khuman Sav, Kedar came forward. Yadav, Sadhna Yadav, Bhaiyalal Hedau and many other artists, such performances as Chandaini Gonda are very rare.
- The pain of the farmers of Chhattisgarh, the sorrows of the villages, the songs – the whole of Chhattisgarh is reflected in this Show in the presentation. Dau Ramchandra Deshmukh has done a lot of work for Chhattisgarhi cultural awakening with the inspiration of Dr. Khubchand Baghel. Dehati Kala Vikas Mandal was established in the year 51 and through it furthered the art.
Dau Mahasingh Chandrakar
- Dau Mahasingh Chandrakar was so impressed as a child by the bamboo song of a Raut artist that folk art Worked for all his life.
- Chhattisgarhi’s Suva, Karma, Dadriya Janwara, Gaura, Bhojli, Pandwani, Devargeet, Nacha Gammat continued to present in Chandrankarji Manch, Akashvani, Doordarshan. Their aim is to present the correct form of Chhattisgarh. He spoke to Sushil Yadu
- Chhattisgarhi folk art and folklore Panika Mana’s traditional heritage income. Panika and Devar were well-versed artists in song, music and dance. Today the society of divine art is forgotten.
- The form of folk art is distorted. Literature and music folk art ha mankhe ke jingi la upar utha. Woma distortion nai aawan de hawen. Sushil Yadu ‘Folk Artist of Chhattisgarh’ – Publisher: Chhattisgarhi Sahitya Samiti.
- Dance is the basis of folk culture in the rural areas of Chhattisgarh. Dular Singh Mandraji is called Bhishma Pitamah of Chhattisgarhi dance. Nauntki has a place in Uttar Pradesh, Tamasha in Maharashtra, Yatra in Bengal, and Nacha in Chhattisgarh.
- When Dular Singh was young, dancing was becoming a luxury. Dularsinhji decided to reform the dance in his village Revali. Gradually dance became popular and dance started getting respect in the stage. Demonstrations of Raveli instruments started happening everywhere in Raipur Durg, Bastar, Tatanagar, Raigarh.
- Dedicated his entire life to the service of Dular Singh Nacha. At the last moment of his life, Dular Singh left this world after suffering anonymity and poverty. His statue has now been installed in Raveli.
- Fidabai is a great artist of Markam dance. Fidabai is a very good singer and dancer. Being a wall, artistry was in his blood. Fidabai has given her program in many places. She has taken her programs to foreign countries many times. Like France, Germany, Soviet Russia, England, Yugoslavia, Scotland, Denmark.
- Lalu, a renowned dance artist, is credited with introducing Fidabai to the dance world. Fidabai started work in Dular Singh Mandraji’s Revali Saaj. Lalu, Madan, Nishad trained them. Fidabai entered the theater of Habib Tanveer. He got a lot of name in the world of theatre.
- Has played lead roles in many plays like Charandas Chor, Agra Bazaar, Mitti Ki Car, Bahadur Kalarin, Lala Shohrat Rai. In 1988, Fidabai Markam was elected as M.P. Tribal folk art honored with Tulsi Samman.
- Devdas Banjare is a panthi dancer from Chhattisgarh. He only established panthi dance in the country and abroad. When he was studying in school, he was a famous player of Kabaddi. He got so much encouragement from panthi dance that he came in the field of folk dance. After being selected in Habib Tanveer’s Naya Theatre, he traveled abroad several times and presented panthi programs there.
- He received the Gold Medal from the Chief Minister in 1972 and the Gold Medal from the President in 1975. He has been honored several other times.
- The name of Surujbai Khande is very important in the traditional folk art of Bharthari, Chhattisgarh. . She is a first rate singer in Bharthari Gayiki.
- Chhattisgarhi Bharthari Chandaini and Dhola-Maru’s singers established their mark in India and abroad. His singing continues to be broadcast in Radio-Doordarshan. Surujbai Khande has presented programs in many cities along with Habib Tanbir.
- Govind Nirmalkar was inspired by Madan Nishad. Govind ji was born in Mohara village and from childhood he came into the world of B dance with the encouragement of Madan Nishad, a famous dance artist of Mohara. Initially he used to play manjira, dholak. Later Raveli and Rigni became the main actors of the dance party.
- Associated with Habib Tanbir in 1973 and made clay carts, Agra market, village boats Father-in-law, how many by working in Uttam Ram Charitra
Made him laugh, made him cry. He has been honored with the Tulsi Samman.
- There have been many great folk artists and singers. When he sings standing with a chikara, it seems that he is a folk singer in true sense. As a child, he had a desire to become an artist after watching dance.
- Guru Ghasidas idolises Baba.
- He has been working in a dance troupe since the age of eleven. Very good artist. With the inspiration of his grandmother Dukalabai, he entered the world of dance. Jhumukdas’s father Jagesar Baghel was also a dance artist, who encouraged him constantly.
- Raveli Nacha, Nadgaiha Nacha Party, Rigni Saaj, Khallari Nacha in Chhattisgarh’s Nacha Parchi, Rairaveda Naach, Flari Naach, Shri Satya Kabir Nacha Party Matewa (Arjunda) are prominent.
Shri Satya Kabir
- The main artistes of Shri Satya Kabir Nacha Party are Jhumukdas Baghel and Nihaikdas Baghel. Nihaikdas is also the director of this Nacha Parchi. Nihaikdas, who considered Kabir’s Bani as his ideal, was in the dance troupe in Matewa since childhood. He got inspiration from his father Santoshdas Manikpuri and dance artist Lukudas.
- Chintadas Banjare is a Chandaini singer from Chhattisgarh whom people want to hear again and again. Chandaini has great importance in Chhattisgarhi folk art. Like Baans Geet, Dewar Geet, Bharthari. Chandaini Geet is the love saga of Lorik Chanda, the folk-artists have kept the saga alive through their song and dance.
- Chintadas Banjare’s mentor was Sadanand, Chintadas Banjare formed the Chandaini party under the name Chandaini. He has toured the whole country with this folklore. He has been recorded many times in All India Radio. Chintadas considers Sukhchand Soni Baronda, the folk artist of Banjare Chandaini, as his role model.
- Kedar Yadav’s songs are still played in Chhattisgarh and remind us how wonderful He was a folk singer. He died in 1996. Elder Kedar Yadav, who grew up in the fort, breathed his last in the fort itself. His songs ‘Jaago Jaago Re More Bhaiya’, ‘Ka Tain Mola Mohni Dar Diye Gondaphool’, Tor Naina Ke Lage He Katar, are widely played in Chhattisgarh. Kedar Yadav used to sing songs of many poets like Hari Thakur, Badri Vishal Parmanand, Rameshwar Vaishnav.
Khuman Sav Raveli
- Khuman Sav Raveli used to play the harmonium at the dance party. He learned a lot from Dular Singh Madraji. After that Ramchandra Deshmukh lived in Chandaini Gonda and took his talent forward.
- Songs of so many poets of Chhattisgarh were composed by Khuman Sav to reach the people. His songs are sung by people like Mor Sang Chalav Re, Dhan-Dhan Re Mor Kisan, Channar Channar Pari Baje.
Kismat Bai Dewar
- Kismat Bai Dewar has been associated with music since childhood. Dewar artists used to get the title of Rajkalakars in Rajdarbar in earlier times, Kismat Bai, Bartarin Bai, Fidabai Basanti and Padma Dewar are famous among Dewar women artists. He got training from Baratin Bai.
- Adarsh Dewar formed a troupe and gave programs in the name of the party. Mohan in Harmonium, Ganeshram Markam in Mandar, Chandrabhan Telasi in Dholak. Kismat Bai had carved a niche for herself in Ramchandra Deshmukh’s Chandaini Gonda. Habib Tanbir’s clay cart, Charandas Chor, Peacock boat Damad village’s boat was lucky in the in-laws’ house.
- Jayanti Dewar was honored with the title of Chhattisgarh Kanth Kokila in 1947. This title was given by Bhilai Steel Plant. Jayanti Yadav’s father Samaylal Markam was an expert in dance. Jayanti Yadav was inspired by him.
- Dular Singh Mandraji’s Revali Saaj gave Jayantiji a lot of work. Worked in Habib Tanbir’s Agra Bazar, Chor Charandas, Naya Sasurar of the village etc. His ideal lyricists whose songs he sings are – Badrivishal Parmanand, Murli Chandrakar, Hemnath Verma, Sheikh Mannan.
- Sadhana Yadav used to sing because of her idol in Chandaini Gonda, even though she had to learn singing from somewhere. Didn’t get the opportunity. She herself used to practice everyday. Music is his life.
- Songs like Tukke Mare Re Naina Ke Baan Bari, Bagh Bagaicha Dikhe La sung by Sadhna Yadav Hariyar, Pirit Lage Kasar Lage is very popular song. Many of his records and cassettes have come out. His cultural evening Nava Bihaan has been giving programs in Chhattisgarh and outside Chhattisgarh.
- Rekha Jalakshatri is a Bharthari singer and her singing style is also very unique. Rekha ji, who has been singing since childhood, got the inspiration to sing Bharthari from her father Mehtar Lala Vaidya, who himself has been a good folk artist.
- Rekha Jalakshatri’s programs have been broadcast through All India Radio and Doordarshan. Rekhaji has given many programs at Sangeet Natak Akademi, Delhi.
- Basanti Dewar started his life in Chandaini Gonda. His songs are very popular like “Aankhi Ma Gadi Jaye Bairi Jawaani” and “Lachkadar Kaniha Main Jawaan Kiise Paniya”. Basanti ji learned music and art from Kismat Bai Dewar. She has been giving her program at many places. He has been honored with many titles. His cassette has also come out. His father Ganesh Ram Markam Ji was an artist.
- Gangaram Shivare’s songs, which he himself composes, are very good. Saint considers Ravidas as his ideal. Due to his interest in music since childhood, he kept walking in the same direction. His mentor is Jhaduram Tilwar.
- Gangaramji has prepared a Chhattisgarhi troupe named Tulsi Chaura. His song, ‘Mor Chhattisgarh Mahtari Ke Paiya Lagaon Re’ is very famous. Has worked in Habib Tanbir’s Charandas Chor and Bahadur Kalarin. The lyrics of Bahadur Kalarin are written by him. Now Gangaram Shivare is no more in this world.
- Bhaiyalal Hedau is a great actor as well as a singer and announcer. In 1981, Hedauji acted in Satyajit Ray’s telefilm Sadgati. Bhaiyalal Hedau’s father Vasudev Hedau was a very good artist. There was artistry in the atmosphere of the house itself. He used to sing songs since childhood.
- Bhaiyalal Hedau joined Chandaini Gonda in 1971 and later Sonha Bihan, Navavihaan, Anurag Dhara continued to sing and act in Chhattisgarhi cultural troupe. He has been awarded many times.
- Dhurvaram Markam is a folk singer whose songs influenced people from childhood. In his childhood, he used to make bamboo pieces and used to sing while making them. He got inspiration from his father Chitkuram Markam. and from Ramlal Markam and Minlal Markam. His wife was folk singer Dukhiyabai.
- Dhurvaram Markam and Dukhiyabai Markam worked in Habib Tanbir’s Naya Theatre. Husband wife, they both formed the Chhattisgarhi Folk Cultural Party “Maya Ke Phool”. The songs of both are played in All India Radio and cassettes have also been released. After the death of Dukhiyabai, Dhuravaram Markam became lonely. But they still keep singing, giving joy to people.
Panchram Mirjha and Kulwantin Bai
- Panchram Mirjha and Kulwantin Bai Chhattisgarhi songs are sung in radio and are popular. Both husband and wife give programs on the stage. Many more artists came to the fore through his Chhattisgarhi Geet Sangeet troupe named ‘Anjori Raat’. Both sing in Akashvani and he also has cassettes of his songs.
Nirmala Thakur and Nanki Thakur
- Nirmala Thakur and Nanki Thakur are another Chhattisgarhi couple whose folk songs are very popular. Nirmala Thakur got inspiration from her father Pardeshiram Belchandan. She made her debut as a singer in Mahasingh Chandrakar’s Sonha Bihaan. After this he joined Kedar Yadav’s Nava Bihan and Bhagwan Chhattisgarhi cultural troupe of Bhuinya. Nanki Thakur’s father Ramsingh Thakur and elder brother were also artists. Nanki Thakur is a well known commentator of Ramayana. Apart from being a singer, he is also a good tabla player.
- Devar is both the singer of the ballad and the player of the rrunjhu. Belongs to the Dewar caste, that’s why he has the qualities of artistry in his veins. Since childhood, he sings wall songs by playing Rrunjhu.
- He mainly sings – Nagesar Rani, Tales of Ratanpur, Tales of Mekine , Gatha of Chanda Gahirin, Gatha of Hirakhan Kshatri (Gondaraja), Gatha of Dasmat Odneen, Gatha of Sitaram Baipari, Gatha of Gondwani. He has performed at many places with Devarjati Adarsh Lokkala Mandali.
- Chhattisgarhi songs sung by Sheikh Hussain were very popular like “Gulgul Bhajiya Khale Ke Dhoom”. Mache Rahis”, “Ek paisa ke bhaji la”. There was a time when his songs used to play in the village. Even today, his songs continue to be broadcast on All India Radio.
- Arun Yadav is a well known name in Phag Geet whose songs have given joy to many. In Phagun, cassettes of Phag songs sung by Arun Yadav are played at various places. He sings, is also an expert in playing Dholak and flute.
- Parasram Yadu got the inspiration to sing Chhattisgarhi songs in his childhood from his maternal grandfather-Anjor Singh Yadu. Was. Anjor Singh himself was a good artist. Parasram has been performing programs in many places by making ‘Mayaru Lokkala Manch’.
- About fifty cassettes of Shivkumar Tiwari have been released. His music guru has been his grandfather Asharam Tiwari and stage guru Vijay Singh. His troupe continues to give programs through ‘Sur Sudha’.
- Mithlesh Sahu is a folk singer and folk artist. He is a teacher. In his childhood, he was encouraged by watching Ramlila and Nacha. He had the opportunity to work with top class dance artistes like Madan Nishad.
- Navaldas Manikpuri is a popular artist and singer from Chhattisgarh. Has been singing since the age of twelve. Radio is reaching people through Doordarshan platform. He got inspiration from his father
- Sarvandas Manikpuri. In the beginning he used to dance. He also writes songs in Chhattisgarhi himself. Bhaiyalal Hedau respects him
- She is He is the Vice President of Chhattisgarhi Lokkala Samiti Bhilai.
Bait Ram Sahu
- Baital Ram Sahu sings Chhattisgarhi songs very well. Many of the songs sung by him are very popular like Nadiya Mein Aawe Bela Re, Jalebi Wala Aage, Mor Saari Param Piyari Ga, Mola Jawaan Dena Re Sanan Na Mor. His father Ramkishan Sahu was a great master of dance.
- By the age of fourteen, Baital Ram Sahu started singing and playing the harmonium in the Ramayana troupe of his Jogigufa village. Started it. Later Chhattisgarhi songs started being made in the lines of Chhattisgarhi folk songs. Hearing his songs, All India Radio officer Barsati Bhaiya recognized him. And his songs started airing. He has been awarded several times.
- Barsati Bhaiya His name is Kesari Prasad Bajpai. People believe that Chhattisgarhi announcers of All India Radio are very few. He started work in 1950 as an announcer and script writer in All India Radio, Nagpur.
- The credit for popularizing Chhattisgarhi program and bringing folk artists of Chhattisgarh region to the fore, Barsati Goes to brother. From 1964, he handled the main responsibility of Chhattisgarhi broadcasting in Akashvani Raipur. Barsati Bhaiya is a very good artist. He has also acted in Sadgati directed by Satyajit Ray.
P. R. Oraon
- P. R. Oraon is an artist as well as an administrative officer. He is also a lyricist, writes songs himself and sings on stage. His book ‘Gurtur’ is a collection of Chhattisgarhi songs. Wherever he goes as an officer, he definitely builds Chhattisgarhi Lokkala Mandal.
- Khuman Yadav, director and chief artist of Chhattisgarhi folk cultural party ‘Mang Ke Sindoor’. Since childhood, Khuman Yadav of Dundera village used to participate in cultural programs. Village Ramayana recitation and Khanjheri Bhajan remained a part of his life. He was always encouraged at home.
- Father Budharam Yadav, grandfather Premnath Yadav and elder father Udhoram Yadav inspired him to become an artist. They believe that if Bhai Bhatija, that is, the next generation, does not come in the field of Chhattisgarhi Geet Sangeet, it is not possible to develop folk art.
- Bhojali has been the director of the Chhattisgarhi Cultural Circle. Don’t know how many artists came forward through this circle like Rekha Jalakshatri, Safari Markam, Bhagat Sahu, Kshmanidhi Mishra, Lachhi Ram Sinha, Krishna Kumar Sen.
- Padmallochan Jaiswal has been an accomplished artist since childhood and on 14 November 1969, when he When he was in high school, he received an award from the Vice President at the Nehru Children’s Festival. Forming “Bhojli Chhattisgarhi Cultural Party” he continued to give programs far and wide.
- Rakesh Tiwari is a master of all three fields – Chhattisgarhi singing, acting and music, poetry Collection – has been the editor of “Mati Chandan of Chhattisgarh”. His grandfather Laxman Tiwari took him towards folk music. Rakesh Tiwari used to go to Jasgeet Phag Mangli with him in his childhood. Many of his songs, videos, telefilms appear in Akashvani, Doordarshan. Several audio cassettes have come out.
- Deepak Chandrankar is a very good artist. He has worked as an artist in Sonha Bihaan. Has done folk acting as a supporting artist with dancing artist like Madan Nishad. He has directed as well as played the lead role in Chhattisgarhi folk drama Lorik Chanda, Hareli, Ghar Kaha Hai, Dasmat Kaina, Gammatiha, Rath Yatra.
- Chhattisgarhi folk cultural troupe ‘Lokrang’ established in his village Arjunda and doing a lot of work through it. Bhilai). ‘Rumjhum Chiraiya’ and ‘Tel Hardi’ – these are cassettes of Chhattisgarhi songs which contain Chhattisgarh’s Mahima Geet, Hori, Suva, Dadriya, Sohar, Savnahi, Shramgeet, Nachodi Geet.
- Mamata Chandrakar, being the daughter of Mahasinh Chandrakar, grew up in a homely environment. It happened that song and music settled in his veins. Today in Chhattisgarh Mamta Chandrakar has made her place in the music world through radio, Doordarshan and cassettes. The guru of classical music is Dr. Amresh Chandra Choubey and Kedar Yadav in the field of folk songs.
- Rajni Rajak has been honored by many organizations as the best singer and announcer. His songs like ‘Ae Chaiti Jabo Utai Ke Bazar’ and ‘Paan Khai Lebe Mor Raja’ are very popular. His father G.P. Rajak is considered a source of inspiration and a guru. G.P. Rajak is Chhattisgarhi’s comedian, lyricist and instrumentalist and director of Tulsi Chaura (Lokkala Manch).
- There are many cassettes of Rajni Rajak songs. She considers Chhattisgarhi poets Daneshwar Sharma and Kuleshwar Tamarkar as her role models.
- Ganesh Yadav, popularly known as Gannu Yadav, is a very good artist, singer . She has worked in Raveli Saaj of Dalar Singh Mandraji. Has worked with Habib Tanbir and Malay Chakraborty. Gannu Yadav is a good tabla player as well as a compo.
- Santosh Shukla passed away at a very young age. His songs touch the hearts of the people – he made his place in the music world by singing three or four Chhattisgarhi songs. His songs are broadcast from Akashvani Raipur like ‘Dhani Kas Baila Fandamev Vidhata’, Charon Muda Le Dhandhagen.
- Another popular song of his is Sitaram le le mor bhai jati birati Sitaram le love.
- His song still rings true – Ka rakhe hai tan ma, Tor naam amar kar le ga bhaiya,</ span>Ka rakhe hai tan ma.